The following is a list of past and current projects. For more specific project information, samples of our work, or detailed resumes please contact us.
- Vuntut Gwitchin Porcupine River Community Salmon Management Plan – with YSSC and the community of Old Crow and Fort Yukon, Alaska.
- Yukon’s Recreational Salmon Fishery Analysis – on behalf of the Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Pacific Salmon Foundation Community Engagement – supporting the PSF in Yukon as they develop partnerships and identify stock restoration opportunities.
- 2017 Renewable Resources Council Annual General Workshop – facilitated the three-day fish, wildlife and habitat workshop with 70 participants from throughout the Yukon.
- How We Walk with the Land and Water – facilitator CTFN, KDFN, and TKC Elders Workshop at Helen’s Fish Camp.
- Salmon in the Classroom Enhanced Outreach and Education – supporting the technical aspects of the program with a new approach and strategy for outreach.
- Yukon River Panel – Canadian technical panel support and manage with Alaska the communications sub-committee.
- Southern Lakes Indigenous Land Use Planning – workshop facilitation and project facilitator with five southern lakes First Nation Governments.
- Yukon Fish and Wildlife Enhancement Trust Manager – manage the $5Million trust and fund approximately 15 environmental projects per year.
- Tagish Habitat Protection Area – designed and facilitated community engagement workshop.
- Yukon’s Recreational Fisheries and Lake Trout Conservation – on behalf of the Yukon Fish & Game Association and the Yukon Fish & Wildlife Enhancement Trust.
- Vuntut Gwitchin Porcupine River Salmon Traditional Knowledge Workshop – designed, delivered and documented the workshop.
- Wild Salmon Policy – Yukon Consultation – facilitator for DFO with First Nation Governments and Renewable Resources Councils.
- Southern Lake Caribou Management Plan Scoping Workshop – worked with the CTRRC and other partners in the development and delivery.
- Southern Lakes First Nations Caribou Working Group – in partnership with six First Nations Governments facilitating and project managing the working group.
- Pelly River Salmon Management Plan – working with the Selkirk First Nation to develop a community-based Chinook and Chum salmon management plan.
- Selkirk First Nation Salmon Outreach and Communications – working with SFN to ensure citizens are informed and engaged in Pelly River salmon management.
- Salmon Know No Borders Online Mapping Platform – a participatory mapping project designed to capture local and traditional knowledge observations.
- Renewable Resource Councils (RRC) Secretariats Meeting Facilitation – supporting the RRCs in identifying and then prioritizing opportunities.
- Teaching Kids to Fish For Whitefish – project with Yukon Fish and Game Association and Environment Yukon with a video production.
- Yukon River Salmon Stock Restoration Technical Team – Year 1 and 2 – through the YSSC managed a technical team in the development of community-based salmon stock restoration strategy.
- Yukon River Panel – Canadian Technical Support – working with DFO to support the international treaty and communications functions.
- Competitive Analysis of the Overnight Lodge Fishing Product – developed a strategy for Northwest Territories Tourism.
- Yukon Salmon Sub-Committee – Executive Director – responsible for co-management of Yukon’s salmon and the implementation of Chapter 16 of the UFA.
- Stream of Dreams – salmon stewardship project development, implementation and trained educator.
- Investment Promotion Strategy – for the department of Economic Development with a focus on Asian mining investment.
- Western Arctic Tourism Development Strategies – developed community-based tourism development plans for the six Inuvialuit communities.
- Yukon Wild Marketing Program – established the marketing program and website for the Wilderness Tourism Association of the Yukon.
- Yukon Fish and Game Association Outdoor Education Camp – planned and delivered the outdoor education camp for youth in 2016 and 2017.
- Tuktut Nogait and Ivvavik National Park Product Development – developed and tested remote tourism products on behalf of the Inuvialuit.
- Travelyukon.com – managed a team of digital strategists and creative professionals to rebuild the main web portal for Tourism Yukon.
- Social Media Support – for GoMedia Marketplace the Yukon’s presence at the 2010 Olympics, and the West Coast Music Awards.
- Host – Family Fishing Connection – award winning instructional family fishing show featured on Northwestel Community TV.
For more information visit: Dennis Zimmermann’s Linkedin profile.
The following is a small sample of some fish related videos. For more visit: